Monday, August 10, 2009

Craaazy 88

This past Saturday was the Crazy 88 race here in Flagstaff.  The brutal but very fun course included dirt roads, fast descents, and some amazing singletrack.  I decided to just do the first 44 mile loop because I didn't want to destroy my knee since it is still in some pain, but had a great time and was the first to finish from the second group that left at 9:00.  The first loop included a new section of the Arizona Trail on the back side of the peaks, which may be my favorite new trail.  The weather was great, a lot of people showed up, and the Aizan worked perfectly.  But I think one of the best parts of the race was all the cookies, beer, and twizzlers you could eat at the finish.  Huge thanks to Nathan Friedman who put on this awesome race, and congrats to Adam for taking the overall win with a super fast time of just over 8 hours.



Get free photo software from Windows Live Click here.

No comments: